Tour Name: Tour in Monemvasia
Destination: Monemvasia, Laconia
Dates: 6 – 7 October 2018
Lodging: Hotel on a B/B basis (room sharing)
Type of route | Difficulty Level :Tarmac roads, Light gravel roads | Intermediate Level
Route duration: Two days
Total distance: 800 km
Total driving hours: 4 – 6 hrs
Price: €80/driver, €40/pillion
Short Info: Monemvasia is amongst the most well known and most photographed places of Greece. It’s Castletown, the narrow stone paved alleys, the charming traditional stores and its coffee bars, constantly engage the traveler to explore. The Laconian County in particular offers a wide diversity of sights ranging from sandy beaches, to cave systems as well as one of the best preserved geo parks in Cape Malias.
Day 1, 370 km
We depart from our offices with southbound direction. We will follow the sea front road towards Leonidio and via the newly opened route we will stop in the Greek fjords of Gerakas Harbor. Shortly after, we will continue towards our Hotel and then off to Monemvasia castle!
Day 2, 460 km
Departing from our hotel and our first stop of the day will be in the Kastania Cave system. It’s one of the newest cave systems in Greece and indulges the visitor with its wonderful stalactites and stalagmites. After this visit we will continue south and visit the petrified palm forest in the Geopark of Santa Marina. The traveler will witness a wonderful contrast of vivid blue by the sea, the earthy brown from the gravel road and the deep grey of the overlooking cliffs thus offering a unique and truly exceptional sight. Following our visit and after a short break for lunch in the nearby village of Saint Nicholas we will start our return to base.
- All the tours / excursions start and finish in our premises in 355, Mesogion Avenue, Halandri.
- All the tours / excursions can be adapted to your needs and/or requests.
Included in the tour:
- Tour guide with his own motorcycle
- Planning and organization of the touras well as daily briefing prior to the departure
- Accommodation on a b/b basis (sharedroom)
- Safety vest
- Photos and / or video of the tour
- Map of the covered area
- VAT 24%
NOT included in the tour:
- Fuel and tolls
- Entrance fees to archaeological sites
- Dining, beverages etc.
- Everything else that is mentioned asOptional
Optional with surcharge:
- Motorcycle rental with top case at preferential rates
- Travel Insurance
- Pick up from Hotel or Airport and drop off accordingly
- Hotel booking in Athens prior and/or after the tour
- Side cases
- Motorcycle global positioning system (GPS)
- Action Camera (GoPro, Sony) or similar
Our fleet and tour charges:
Exclusive collaboration with Sarakakis group of companies, the official importer of Honda motorcycles in Greece. To secure a place in the tour a 30% deposit is required payable via cash and /or credit card (3% surcharge for credit card).